The Historical Newsletters page has been updated with the release of archival B.C. Pipers’ Newsletters from 1964.
Besides the regular news of competitions and their results, interesting news of that year included:
- The story behind Bagpipe Tunes, The Macraes March, I got a Kiss of the Kings Hand, MacCrimmon’s Lament, The Cameron’s Gathering, The Carles with the Breeks, The MacLachlan’s March, Gillie Calum, The Braes of the Mist, The Miserly, Miserable One’s House, John Garbh of Rassay’s Lament, Caber Feidh, Killychrist, The Pipers Warning, Rory Mhor’s Lament, Too Long in this Condition, The March of the Clan Stewart, Lochaber No More
- The Lost Pibroch by Neil Munro
- Tune, Mrs. Margaret Fraser Sutherland by P.M. Neil Sutherland
- Optimist Pipe Band visits Quebec
- Results of the 32nd Annual Gathering
- Letter from P.M. A.M. Cairns, the history of the MacCrimmons
- Rules and Regulations of the B.C. Pipers’ Association
- Vancouver Girls near win at Pipe Band Championships
- The Canadian Women’s Army Corp Pipe Band, continued in several Newsletters
- Vancouver Ladies P.B. Scottish Tour
- P.M. Donald MacLeod wins Gold Clasp for 8th time at the Northern Meeting, shares record with P.M. William Ross.