BCPA Online Performance Assessments registration is now open here
In this unprecedented time when the COVID-19 pandemic has caused the cancellation of this season’s highland games in the Pacific Northwest and with it the loss of solo piping, drumming, and pipe band competitions, the BC Pipers’ Association, in partnership with the highland games, is providing players opportunities to receive performance assessments to continue their musical development during the spring and summer.
This initiative involves the following elements:
- Players enter for monthly assessments through the BCPA online entry system
- Players video record their performances for the particular month and upload them to YouTube, and enter their YouTube link into an online form along with their name and music details
- An adjudicator prepares a written assessment of the performance, with guidance on key elements that need development for the player to take their performance to the next level
- Players download their written assessments when available
- The adjudicators who assess the performances for a month provide their general perspectives on the performances in a panel discussion and its video is posted on the BCPA YouTube channel.
|Video Submission By
|Assessments Provided By
The BCPA Online Performance Assessments Information Guide can be found here. It is very important to review this information before entering and creating videos for event details and complete instructions.
Fees for these events recognize the financial challenges many people are facing during the pandemic. Surplus funds after expenses will be distributed equally to the BCPA sanctioned highland games, in appreciation of the environment and support they provide year after year for the development of pipers, drummers, and bands.
Individual assessments will not be used for grading/re-grading purposes, the adjudicator assessors will not indicate performance ratings levels, and the assessments are purely for the personal benefit of the individual participants.
In addition, all registrants will be entered for a random draw for some piping and drumming items to be announced soon. Randomly drawn items given are based on the total number received and not everyone who enters will receive something from the random draw.
Finally, this initiative has been developed for the benefit of players within the BCPA region and players from other parts of North America and the World who occasionally travel to the BCPA region to compete, to ensure continued player development during this time.
BCPA welcomes players from around the world to experience how your music performances would be assessed at highland games in our region.